Self Portraits - JamesP

Image result for self portrait artist

Artist: Desmond Haughton

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/223420831487593551/

I chose this artist because of the serious face he has on. I also love the yellow vest he is wearing. I think the serious face with a yellow vest gives me a humor thought to it. With a yellow vest one would think he would be happy because yellow seems happy. Looking at this image I just loved it right away because my first thought was, this looks like something mom made him wear and he is upset. Kinda like when you are a kid and you want to dress yourself but your parents make you wear what they want. 




Artist: Oscar Kokoschka

http://www.visual-arts-cork.com/genres/portrait-artists-twentieth-century.htm


I chose this work because of how bizarre it looks. A lot of people would look at something like this and say, my 3 year old can make that. But we all know they can't. I feel emotion looking at this portrait. How non-vibrant the colors are, and the guy has his eyes closed. The yellow in the hair and the red on the nose gives me such mixed feelings. I like the background how it sort of is spunged/darkned. It makes the portrait pop more and gives the look the artist needed.





Comments